The scheduled launch of DreamHack Mumbai in December, at the same time as other regional tournaments like WESG (pictured) in China are expanding, sees Asia carve out a distinctive place on the global esports landscape.
CONTACT MEDIATAINMENT FINANCE
If you have any comments, subscription enquiries, or wish to receive updates on MediaTainment Finance, please call, email or use the form below
Digital technology is disrupting the creative sectors!
Read MediaTainment Finance, if you…
- Are in business development within the international creative and creative-tech sectors
- Want to understand how other creative sectors are responding to digital disruption
- Manage a creative company that needs to know the financial value placed on the works of creative talents
- Want to be informed of the latest developments within media, entertainment and creative technology
- Believe creators deserve to make a decent living from their work
- Need to understand how copyright issues are affected by new technologies
ESPORTS: The traditional sports industry is a US$700bn juggernaut, when you combine the commercial tournaments, amateur competitions, media right as well as educational and other ancillary activities. It is also hooked on esports.
The silence that filled the auditorium suddenly crashed against the walls and floor when the word “raped” fell from the lips of Michaela Coel, the McTaggart Lecture keynoter at the 2018 Edinburgh International TV Festival (EITVF).
TV/FILM: The UK screen-entertainment industry received a financial boost this month when Creative Scotland, the arts-and-creative-industries organisation, announced £95m (US$122m) was spent on the region’s film and TV in 2017.